1. Advantages of automotive plastic parts (1) Light […]
1. Advantages of automotive plastic parts
(1) Light weight
One of the outstanding advantages of polymer automotive materials is that it has the characteristics of light weight and high strength. Since the average proportion of various plastics is only 15-20% of ordinary steel, it is also lighter than ordinary wood. This feature has outstanding advantages especially for large cars, which can reduce a large amount of self-weight.
(2) Excellent comprehensive physical and chemical properties
Another advantage of polymer automotive materials is that they have multiple functions and can be used in special occasions. Plastics have good insulation properties, anti-corrosion properties, aging resistance, good wear resistance and scrubbing resistance, good waterproof and mechanical properties, and good bonding and bonding properties. They are processed into various types and processed into various requirements. Car interior and exterior trim parts with various performances and functions.
The outstanding advantage of polymer automotive materials is the decorative effect. It can be processed into products with complex shapes and multiple colors at one time. Sometimes it needs to be printed, pasted, embossed, laminated, and colored to be processed into a very realistic image, pattern and pattern, which can imitate natural wood, metal, The texture of animal skin can also be hot-stamped, filmed, silver-plated, inlaid, etc. on the surface.
(4) Good processing performance Due to the plasticity of polymer automotive materials and the good compatibility and bonding performance with other materials, different material components can be used, with the help of various modern molding processing machinery, through extrusion, injection molding, Calendering, molding, blow molding and other methods are processed into polymer automotive materials with different shapes, different properties, different colors, and different functions, such as direct extrusion into pipes, profiles, plates, and injection into products with various shapes , Calendered and processed into films, etc., and can be made into various colors, sandwiches, hollows, inserts and other products according to needs, and secondary processing can also be carried out according to requirements, such as turning, punching, and cutting of mechanical products. , Welding, hot melt, cold sawing, compounding, etc.
(1) Poor heat resistance:
Poor high temperature resistance is another major shortcoming of polymer automotive materials. The working temperature of most thermoplastic polymer automotive materials is below 80 degrees Celsius. Above this temperature, thermal deformation often occurs, making the polymer materials unable to maintain their original shape and structure, and their performance will also change greatly.
(2) Poor rigidity: The polymer building material has good plasticity, but its rigidity is poor, so it cannot be used in places that require greater bearing capacity or as the main stressed structure, otherwise it will be due to rigidity. Not enough to cause damage such as instability; in addition, its resistance to deformation is not as good as traditional materials processed from natural materials.
(3) It is combustible:
Compared with steel, another disadvantage of plastic is that it is combustible. Plastics can be divided into two categories, one is incombustible and the other is combustible. However, because plastics can be formulated and modified, combustible plastics can be modified by adding flame retardants and non-combustible filling modifiers to make them flame-retardant or non-combustible. The plastic, let people use it with confidence.
(4) Poor freezing resistance:
Many plastics have cold brittleness, which is mainly manifested in the fact that when plastic parts are used in winter, they are particularly vulnerable to impact damage due to impact. For this reason, the application of many plastics in low temperature environments is restricted. This shortcoming of thermoplastics can currently be modified by adding other materials or additives to the raw materials for a combination of formulas, so that its low-temperature impact strength can be improved.