Summary:The greening of automotive plastic parts is a scientific strategy to achieve sus...
The greening of automotive plastic parts is a scientific strategy to achieve sustainable development. It mainly refers to the technical system that can protect and improve the ecological environment, reduce pollution and reduce energy consumption during the entire life cycle of a product. According to the environmental value and the full potential of modern technology, there is still no unified definition and evaluation standard. Its technical connotation Main contents: ecological health, environmental protection, and maximization of resource utilization.
A complete set of solutions to realize the research and development concept of green automotive plastic parts
The greening of automotive plastic parts is a systematic project of a complete set of solutions. my country's automotive plastic parts research and development lags behind, basically can not independently develop high-end plastic parts. An important aspect of the reason is that in the research and development of automotive plastic parts in China, research institutions such as materials, product development, processing and manufacturing, molding equipment, and waste recycling are separate and do not communicate with each other, and there is no concept of a complete solution. The R&D personnel have a single knowledge, those engaged in product development do not understand polymer science, those engaged in equipment development do not understand the development trend of automotive plastic parts, and those engaged in material research do not understand the unique properties of automotive plastic parts. Internationally, automotive plastic parts are at the high end of the value chain. The main reason is that they have the ability to solve a complete set of solutions and a perfect mechanism. In order to gain the right to speak of automotive plastics, automotive plastic raw material suppliers organize R&D teams according to automotive parts, and cooperate with automotive manufacturers. Close cooperation between manufacturers and suppliers, not only to develop special materials, but also to use their own new materials to develop automotive parts for automobile manufacturers to use and apply, not only providing the best complete solution for automobile enterprises, but also for automobile manufacturers The development of this enterprise has achieved a new growth point. For example, the experts in the automotive glass team of Bayer MaterialScience, whose service scope covers the entire processing chain of automotive glass, as well as the wind load, collision and other mechanical properties tests and research of automotive glass, can independently provide innovative power for future cars.
Innovation and Creation of Green Materials and Applications of Automotive Plastic Parts
Plastics are the raw material of choice for lightweighting vehicles. The research and development of plastic raw materials for automotive plastic parts must comply with non-toxic, harmless, healthy and circular economy green technologies.
(1) Healthy green plasticizer. All plastics are inseparable from plasticizers. At present, 80% of plasticizers used in China are low-priced DBP (butylene phthalate) plasticizers that have been eliminated abroad and are harmful to human health. As a new type of green plastic plasticizer, citrate products are non-toxic and tasteless. Developed countries such as the United States and the European Union have successively issued regulations to allow citrate products to be used as plastics that are closely related to the human body and have high hygienic requirements. one of the auxiliaries. Bio-based plastic. In the future, some general-purpose plastic parts may be replaced by bio-based plastic parts. At present, there are composite materials of PLA (polylactic acid) and kenaf to process automobile tire covers and car mats. Polyethylene (PE) produced from sugarcane ethanol has a wide range of applications in automotive fuel tanks and interiors.
(2) Natural fiber reinforced composite plastics. Included in natural fiber sources are cellulose, wood, flax, jute, sisal, hemp, agave leaf fiber, coconut husk fiber, as well as straw and other crop waste. The use of natural fiber environmental protection materials has been recognized by the automotive industry. Using natural fiber reinforced composite materials such as flax and sisal, not only the tensile strength and stiffness of the material are not lower than those of glass fiber reinforced materials, but also because plant fibers are 40% lighter than glass fibers. , which can reduce the weight of the vehicle to reduce fuel consumption and facilitate recycling.
(3) Nanoplastics. Nanoplastics have broad development prospects in automotive plastics due to their excellent mechanical, heat-resistant and flame-retardant properties, as well as high value-added functions such as antibacterial, radiation protection, and aging resistance. The main application objects of nano-plastics are bumpers, radiators, chassis, body outer panels, wheel guards, movable roofs and other protective strips, windshield strips and other exterior parts, instrument panels and interior panels, airbags and other interior parts parts, as well as fuel tanks, fuel system under-hood parts, etc.
(4) Specialized modified plastics for functionalization. Engineering plastics can be used to manufacture high-performance alloys through blending and modification, which can be used to manufacture automotive structural parts and power components, and can also reduce the thickness of products to achieve lightweight and improve resource utilization. General-purpose plastics can improve strength and stiffness, as well as processability through blending modification, broaden the application range, and help reduce manufacturing costs.
(5) Special color spray-free material. Direct injection molding of special color spray-free resin can make the product achieve pearlescent, glittering pearlescent and other effects. Compared with spray products, it does not pollute the environment during processing and use, is easy to form, and has a high yield. The parts can be 100% recycled and reused, and no pollutants such as gas and dust that are toxic and harmful to the environment are produced.
(6) Dry paint film plastic parts. A dry paint film is a formed film used as an outer liner for automotive parts, avoiding the tedious and costly environment-polluting painting process. Compounding energy-saving molding plastics. The semi-crystalline polyamide (PA) Techny Star automotive plastic of French Rhodia company adopts unique polymerization and compounding technology. Compared with ordinary PA compounding materials, the injection pressure is reduced by 30%, the molding time is shortened by 10%, and the molding temperature is greatly reduced. , in Europe, it is increasingly used to form automotive hoods, intake manifolds, distributors and decorative parts.
(7) Lightweight structural assemblies of carbon fiber composite materials. Carbon fiber composite parts can save a lot of non-renewable steelmaking raw materials and materials, and are the most lightweight composite materials for automotive structural stress parts.
(8) Environmentally friendly, healthy and safe plastic parts. Pure polycarbonate (PC) plastic windows are too strong, so in the event of an accident, it is not easy for occupants to escape through the windows. The surface is a polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) blown film, and the matrix is a composite injection laminated glass of PC. The anti-infrared and ultraviolet functions of the film can reduce the use of air conditioners, save energy, and reduce the cost of automotive interior materials. Cost; when the PMMA film is under tension under the impact of the opposite direction (inside the car), it is easy to break from here, enabling passengers to break the windows in the event of an accident, improving safety performance.yongfengchina.com